Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ashokan

We headed down to the Catskills for a couple days to visit Matt and Alyssa, their two girls, and do an Ashokan visit.  I worked there for three years, still one of my most favorite jobs.  Also got to take the kids into the gorge which is where I'd brought thousands of students over the years.  Quite fun to revisit a place I had hiked so much and still knew what was around every corner, and what had evolved over the years.

jumping castle





teepee




Gazebo



Covered Bridge






Explaining


bugs

ski trail



mud avoidance

contemplating




waterfall

crawfish





Ivy and Julie






Deer trail


dads and daughters


more critters


This is the big farm house I lived in as a staff member

Our friend Adam came over to hang out






Julie wanted to do Matilda's hair


This fountain is at the pump station that sends water from the reservoir to NYC



No comments: